Sunday, August 27, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #302; SSS Flickr Challenge #78 - Dots and/or Stripes

Hi there,
I've been busy in my craft room for the past few days and of course, enjoying PTI's Stamp-A-Faire videos :) So, today I'm sharing 2 cards that I created for a few challenges ~

First up is Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #302 with a sketch by Cecile:

Such a great sketch and I love the color combo she chose for it, too :) Here is my take:


A few weeks ago, CASology used the cue card 'Safari' and Hannelie's card is what inspired me to check out the Silhouette store for some images. I stamped the sun using the Altenew Half-tone circles and the sentiment is from SSS...and that was it!

*******************************

Next up is the card I created for the current SSS Flickr Challenge, and the theme is 'Dots and/or Stripes':


I think dots are a lot of fun on a card, so I took out my old circle punches and a few dies to create stencils with Post It Notes. The sentiment is from SSS, which I stacked five high for dimension...Done and dusted :)

Wishing you all a great week ahead ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,








12 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous African silhouette card Barb. LOVE the design on the sun --- wow! And your hugs card is so happy with the dots of pretty colours. Two fantastic designs! xx

Dawn T said...

Two fabulous cards Barb. Love the idea of the halftone circles for the sun.

lostinpaper said...

Your silhouette scene is amazing Barb, but it's those bright cheery dots that have my heart!

Amy O said...

Two pretty cards! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous cards Barb, love the silhouette Safari and your stenciled dots so fun!

Anita in France said...

Gosh I'm almost transported to your safari scene, Barb ... you captured the heat of the African plains beautifully with that fabulous sun and ombré sentiment! LOVE those fun bubbles of colour ... so bright and playful! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your safari scene, Barb ... the colors are wonderful and that Altenew halftone stamp makes for a very hot sun - almost like the heat ripples one might see there!
LOve the dots... how creative to make your own stencil!
Fabulous cards, my friend... xx
=]

Misty Elam said...

Wow, Barb. That safari scene is perfect!! I love it!! Great job!! Your dots and/or stripes creation is beautiful as well. I really like how colorful it is. Very cheery. :)

TaeEun said...

Totally different yet equally gorgeous cards!!! The Silhouette cuts some amazing things !!! Love your creative take on the sketch! And the rainbow bubbles are so cheerful!

Karren said...

Both gorgeous cards, Barb! The safari one is so dramatic and using the halftone circle is genius! And the colorful dots are so fun - they just make me smile!

Bobby said...

Your safari card is fantastic, Barb. I think I've seen an art print similar to it. Love the bright colored circles.

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are wonderful Barb. The black yellow and white on your silhouette card are so reminiscent of a sunrise safari. Your dots are fun and festive.